Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Today I found 29 cents . . . 1 quarter & 4 pennies.

This morning I stopped for a snack/breakfast at Shipley’s Donuts and found two cents in the parking lot. I also swung into a Shell gas station for a drink and found one penny at the base of the cash register stand (it was sitting on top of a candy display). In the evening I found 26 cents (one penny & one quarter) at Minute Maid Ballpark. The penny was found before the game on some stairs in the lower section. The quarter was found after the game in an otherwise empty section by the visitor’s dugout.

Several interesting, although somewhat random things that I will share this evening:

1) I finally got Carlos Lee to sign my Astros team picture.

2) I received a solicitation in the mail this evening that contained a nickel (the nickel does not count toward the daily totals since it was mailed to me, but I did search the trash near the mailbox hoping to find some discarded envelopes containing nickels, which I would have counted—none were found).

3) The Astros have lost nine games in a row now.

4) A guy sitting behind me at the ballpark overheard me discussing my nickel collection hunt and tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I had any extra 1941 nickels, the only one he needed to complete HIS collection (I did and I’ll be mailing it to him tomorrow).

5) I left my cell phone at the office this evening. It really is a major pain not to have a cell phone when you are used to having it with you all the time.

Totals for the day: 29 cents
Race Totals: $562.90

3 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You've been collecting nickels? Did I miss that? I've also been collecting nickels, since Aug. 4, 2003. How do I know that? It was the day after Liza's birthday and just after we learned about Noah.

password: moitpp

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Would it really matter if you had your cellphone with you, considering it doesn't even hold a charge?

You have to judge some pictures from the picture game!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Inspired by Cheap Green and Happy I too decided to start some coin books. I threw myself into it with the same effort that I did when searching dollars (by that I mean I order huge amounts of change at my bank and search it). Right now I'm doing the pennies, nickels, dimes, and half dollars. Nickels are the most fun, as they are big and easy to search a lot of them quickly.

Bailey:

True, celli doesn't hold a charge that well but it is better than nothing. I actually blame YOU for me leaving it at work since I took it out of my pocket to talk to you just before I left the office. Rumor has it that we get new phones in about a month, so hopefully the new ones will be a bit better than the current one (which is still at the office since I was out all day today).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home