Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday, October 17, 2008

Today I found $1.40. . 2 nickels, 9 dimes, and 40 pennies. Change was found in two states, Massachusetts and Texas.

This morning I found a penny at North Station by a ticket machine. In the afternoon I headed over to Logan Airport to catch a flight to Houston for a wedding. At Logan I found 20 cents (two dimes) by a metal detector at the TSA Checkpoint.

Once in Houston Becca picked me up at the airport and we headed out for dinner and then a bit of change searching at all of my favorite old spots. Serious props to her for being kind enough to drive me around in my attempt to relive the change glory days.

After dinner I stopped in at Kroger, a local grocery store, and found a penny by a food display stand. Then it was off to three car washes: JR's, the car wash next to my old apartment complex, a no-name car wash on Louetta, and the car wash next to the post office. Respectively I found one cent (a penny), two cents (both pennies), and 18 cents (one dime and eight pennies).

The next stop was the post office where I found yet another penny. Then it was off to the two best car washes that I have ever known; Al Gator's Car Wash and The Kwick Kar Wash. At Al Gator's I found 53 cents (four dimes, one nickel, and eight pennies) and at the Kwick Kar Wash, which is always reliable, I found 34 cents (one nickel, two dimes, and nine pennies).

The final stop of the night was at Sonic, which is next to the Kwick Kar Wash. At Sonic I found nine cents (all pennies).

Totals for the day: $1.40
Race Totals: $688.26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home