Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Today I found 13 Foreign Coins . . .

My plane left Atlanta Friday afternoon and arrived in Moscow, Russia on Saturday morning. There is an eight hour difference between Boston and Moscow. After clearing customs and taking the bags to the hotel the day was spent wandering around Moscow, mainly hitting Red Square and a few metro stops. Along the way I found my 13 coins. Broken down they are as follows:

Three 5 Kopeck Coins
Eight 10 Kopeck Coins
One 50 Kopeck Coin
One One Ruple Coin

That makes a grand total for the day of 2.45 Ruples. The curent exchange rate is about 30 ruples to the dollar, so a lot of coins does not translate to a lot of cash. Of course my standard rule is in effect and foreign coins do not count toward the daily totals.

Totals for the day: 13 Foreign Coins
Race Totals: $696.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home