Monday, February 14, 2005

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Last night was certainly an adventure. My friend Tara and I decided to camp outside Minute Maid Park (once upon a time Enron, once upon a time The Ballpark at Union Station) to see if we could be one of the first 300 people in line to get a Roger Clemens autograph on Sunday morning. Arriving at midnight on Saturday we we ended up securing a place in line behind about 180 other people. Come on people, don't you have anything better to do? I didn't, but that's not the point.

After a long night of trying to sleep on concrete and listening to about 600 people talking, we were both able to get autograph tickets. The ground was so littered with trash that I was sure there would be change around. Alas, only two pennies were found. On the way home (Tara driving, me sleeping) we stopped at an intersection on a large road. I happened to open my eyes and what did I see but a dime and a penny. Maybe it was the lack of sleep, or maybe it was the Race of the Century, but I opened the door and got it (thanks in part to a red light).

Totals for the day: 13 cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home