Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday, June 1, 2007

Today I found $2.48 . . . 2 dimes, 9 quarters, and 3 pennies. I also obtained an autograph which now leads to a contest at the end of this post!

The day started great as I had to take a drive on the toll road. At two stops I opened my door and picked up the change that was on the ground for a total of $2.45 (two dimes & nine quarters). For those wondering I did speak with the Texas Department of Transportation several months ago and they informed me that while they did not recommend stopping to pick up change they had no policies preventing it and the change was not considered state property.

Later in the afternoon I found a penny in the parking lot of a book store (more on that in a second), a penny at a gas station, and a penny outside Minute Maid Ballpark.

Autographs for the Cardinals were great this evening. I managed to knock out about 12 players, including David Eckstein (who signed for me outside the stadium—he asked me to hold the ball because his arm was in a brace after being hit by a pitch during the game) and Scott Rolen. However, my best autograph of the day was this:


It is a baseball signed by none other than Senator John Kerry, who was in town for a quick lecture and book signing. I attended the event over lunch and after speaking Senator Kerry was kind enough to sign the baseball for me.

CONTEST: It should be stated that I often have celebrities and athletes not associated with baseball sign baseballs. However, Mr. Kerry has a direct connection to Major League Baseball. For several items from the “Not Change Cup,” what is the connection?

Totals for the day: $2.48
Race Totals: $565.85

4 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

It might not be the answer you want, but Kerry is currently going to the FCC regarding the MLB Direct TV package.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

I accidently hit enter, before I could type the rest of my comments, so today they come seperated.

Chris, your lack of comments on the pictures from the picture game is a bit disappointing! This might be RIP for the picture game!

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but John Kerry along with John McCain presented the Jackie Robinson Gold Medal bill to the Senate on Feb. 4, 2003.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Chris said...

And the winner is . . . . Bailey. That was the correct answer that I was looking for, with solid second place points to Becca for her answer.

Bailey:

Let's not bid goodby to the picture game quite yet. Comments have now been posted, with apologies for the delay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home