Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday, November 8, 2007 (The 1,000th Post)

Today I found $1.29 . . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, 3 quarters, and 19 pennies (The Lights Out Change Cycle).

All change, save for 50 cents (two quarters) was found at the car wash next to the post office. For the second day in a row I pulled 50 cents (two quarters) out of the change return slot of a stamp machine at my local post office.

In happy news today marks my 1,000th post, and 999th consecutive day of finding change. When I started this race I had no idea that I would have ever get to such a point. With a bit of luck tomorrow will mark my 1,000th straight day of finding change!

It was a sad day in the baseball world for me as the Astros traded Brad Lidge to the Philadelphia Phillies. Over the past several years I had the opportunity to get to know Brad fairly well, so the trade hurt on a personal level.

On a baseball level the Astros could have gotten much more value had they traded him several years ago. With a change of scenery I predict that Lidge will regain his old form (at least once he gets out of Philly, because that isn’t the change of scenery that he needs). However, pitching is the Astros problem, and they have made things worse, not better. There had better be some additional moves coming, because if not it’s going to be another long season.

Totals for the day: $1.29
Race Totals: $623.09

4 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you see Lidge anytime this offseason, tell him we're psyched to have him in Philly--and to keep the ball down, because our park is a bear!

Seriously, all the pundits are saying it's a really great trade for Philly (and I concur), but I also think it's a good move for both teams. We get an awesome closer and you'll get a good, locally born, speedster. I really dug Bourne when Utley was out.

Separately, thanks for posting. Some jerks have been posting on my blog after having made fun of it on theirs, and your post has lifted my spirits.

password: rxydgkxj

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and congratulations on post 1K. I'm two or three away from 1500, so that's another area I have you beat in!

password: zwnmogtu

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

I'm glad that I could lift your spirits. Not sure how someone can't respect a man who has made over $600 by picking up change, but to each his own.

Yup, you have me on number of posts, and that is a record that you are probably always going to hold. However, hopefully one day I can get you at the bottom line: total amount of change found!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger kestrelia said...

What's with that stamp machine! I can't get over how much you've found there. Congratulations on your record!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home