Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Today I found 3 foreıgn coıns . . . sadly none count toward the daily totals, but the streak remains alive.

It was my first full day in Istanbul and I made good use of the day. I recorded my first find of the day, a two cent Euro, outside a museaum in the center of the city. The second coinö a 10 cent Turkish coin, was found at a train station that I passed through while seeing the sights.

The final coin was the most exciting of the day. Istanbul is the only city in the world that is in two continents, Europe and Asia. The third coin, a 25 cent Turkish coin, was found in the street on the Asian side of the city. That find marked my first ever Asia find!

For the picture of the day today I chose another shot of the Bosphorous, but this time you get a nice bird that was in the picture, as well as a better view of the city:


Enjoy!

Totals for the day: 3 Foreign Coins
Race Totals: $635.94

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger kestrelia said...

Congratulations on your finds! Turkey has been pretty good to you.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Thanks! I'm back and all upto date now. The most exciting part about the finds in Turkey is that some were in Europe and some were in Asia, my first ever Asia finds. Now I have three continents knocked out. Who knows, maybe I'll add a few more when all is said and done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home