Saturday, December 08, 2007

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Today I found $1.73 . . . 3 nickels, 6 dimes, 2 quarters, and 48 pennies (The Peachy Change Cycle).

It wasn’t until this evening when I went to Kroger, a local grocery store, to recycle some plastics, that I recorded my first find. However, it was a good one as I recovered 27 cents (one dime & 17 pennies) from a change counting machine. The dime was under the machine and the 17 pennies were in the coin reject slot.

Following the trip to Kroger I headed to the post office to mail a few items and to pick up some Christmas stamps. In the coin return slot of a stamp machine I found 28 cents (one quarter & three pennies).

The remaining change was found at the car wash next to the post office. Usually I find a few coins on the ledge of car wash stations, but not today. All the change was found scattered about the ground (save for a nice little pile of pennies and a nickel that was sitting by a vacuum cleaner).

Totals for the day: $1.73
Race Totals: $631.66

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home