Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday, May 23, 2008

Today I found 26 cents. . . 2 nickels, 1 dime, and 6 pennies. I also found a Canadian penny and five tokens. Sadly, the Canadian penny and the tokens will not count toward the daily totals.

I finally made it to the doctor today and found out that I had bronchitis. Nice to know that what has been making me feel so bad for the past week can actually be treated!

On the way to the doctor's office I had to swing by my office and I stuck my head into the credit union there. In the change return slot of a change counting machine I found five tokens, a Canadian penny, and 12 cents (one dime & two stuck together pennies). Under the aforementioned machine I found an additional 10 cents (two nickels).

Walking to the doctor's office I found a penny on the sidewalk. I found yet another penny at the State Street T stop. Another single penny was found at Walgreens, where I went to go pick up some medicine that the doctor had given me. The final penny of the day was found at the Union Park Laundromat, where I went to wash some clothes this evening.

As noted earlier the five tokens and the Canadian penny will not count toward the daily total. If curious two of the tokens are from the Gameworks Studio in Las Vegas, NV and two are from a Jiffy Lube Car Wash in Front Royal, VA (I looked up the phone number to get that information). One of the tokens simply reads "No Cash Value" and has stars on the front. However, all tokens and the Canadian penny have already been placed into my "Not Change Cup," keeper of such found items.

Totals for the day: 26 cents
Race Totals: $660.88

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is interesting that the both sets of tokens found themselves so far away from "home." I do wonder how they ended up in the mass quantities of change of some Boston local.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Chris said...

It's usually best not to wonder. People travel, coins travel, car wash tokens travel. It's the way of the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home