Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday, May 19, 2008 (The No Hitter)

Today I found 2 cents. . . both pennies.

My first find of the day didn't come until after 10pm when I was walking around the inside of Fenway Park, America's Most Beloved Ballpark, and I found a penny on the ground. I found my second penny on the sidewalk while walking home from the game.

However, the big story of the night is not my two cents, but the no-hitter thrown by Jon Lester, and seen by me. It's actually the second no-hitter that I have ever seen, but the first time that it was done by a single pitcher. I realized that it was a no-hitter in the fifth inning, probably a few innings before most people picked up on it.

Still, even with the advanced notice the entire game had the feel that it was going to be a no-hitter. The Royals just were not doing anything at the plate and there really were no tense moments. Great game, and always a cool thing to see.

Totals for the day: 2 cents
Race Totals: $660.29

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

solid

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Yup!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home