Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Today I found 26 cents . . . 2 dimes & 6 pennies. I also found a Mexican peso, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

For the next three weeks I am stuck in McAllen, TX for work. I don't have a car that I can use and Internet access is limited so hopefully I can keep up the pace of posting and finding change.

Right now I'm sitting in the hotel loby of a hotel that I'm not staying at. The reason is that they have a business center and free Internet. Maybe I can do this for three weeks without being discovered.

Anyhow, my first penny was found on the sidewalk outside my hotel. I found another penny under a coke machine at a hotel next door. My next find was 12 cents (one dime & two pennies) at the drive-thru of a Whataburger that I found while walking around the area. Two pennies were found in the parking lot of an HEB, a local grocery store, and the final dime was found under another vending machine at another hotel.

The Mexican peso was found by a bank of newspaper boxes at my hotel. As astute readers will know McAllen is quite close to the Mexican boarder so I expect to find a little more Mexican change before my trip is over. Although the peso has no value towards the daily totals it is a welcome addition to my "Not Change Cup," keeper of such found items.

Totals for the day: 15 cents
Race Totals: $333.69

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Could your first oh-fer be far away? I'll be pulling for you ...

password: nauiomt

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I certainly hope not. If it is I'll put up a fight for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home