Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tuesday, July 4, 2006--Happy 4th of July!

Today I found 12 cents . . .. all pennies. I also found two car wash tokens, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

Down by the ballpark this afternoon I found two pennies perched atop a parking meter. On the way home I stopped at several local car washes and found the remaining 10 cents.

It was at the Kwick Kar Wash where I found the two car wash tokens. The Kwick Kar Wash does not utilize tokens so they probably came from somewhere else. Although they have no standing in the daily totals they are nice additions to my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such finds.

This afternoon at the ballpark was $1 hotdog day. For years Bailey and I had a 9 in 9 competition where the object was to eat one hotdog an inning, for nine innings. Each time I would down the hotdogs with little effort as Bailey would tap out around the 5th inning. With no Bailey in Houston I decided to go all in and try to max out. I’m disappointed with my results.

I downed 14 hotdogs in three innings and had the room to continue. The thing that stopped me was that the hotdogs were terrible. I mean really terrible. They were so overcooked that it was like chewing on rubber. Had the hotdogs been of better quality I really think I could have broken the 20-dog mark, which is the amount of hotdogs one is required to eat to qualify as a professional eater (or so I have been told).

Totals for the day: 12 cents
Race Totals: $331.82

4 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad the hot dogs weren't as good as the ones in DC...and just think if Jessica had been at the ballpark with you as well - you could have experienced hot dogs for the rest of the day and into the evening:)
Bec:)

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

14 hot dogs??? Whoa. How are you feeling???

Noah ate 1 1/4 hot dogs yesterday. Not bad for a 2-year-old. But these were "healthy" hot dogs, so it might not really count.

Passcode: ixwixbpv

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think I could take you...

password: brfmiiyq

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Bec:

The hotdogs were not of DC quality, but that's all part of the game, I supose.

Liza:

I'm feeling well after the hotdog promotion. For his age it sounds like Noah might give me a run for my money one day.

Brian:

Try it first before you talk the smack. It's a hard game to play, but I always welcome the challange.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home