Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Today I found 73 cents . . . . . .3 nickels, 5 dimes, and 8 pennies.

On my way into work this morning I stopped at a gas station to pick up a drink and I found a nickel at the base of the front counter. When I got home this morning I parked and opened my car door and found 63 cents (one nickel, five dimes, and eight pennies). There was some broken glass on the ground and all the change. It looks like someone had change in a glass cup that dropped and they chose to abandon it all, but one can never be too sure.

So this evening I turned on ESPN and expected to see a baseball game but all I got was a long rain delay and then a postponed Yankee v. Tigers game. I know this is incongruous, but it made me so happy to see the disappointed faces of all the little kids in the stands that were not going to get to see the Yankees play the game. I grew up an Orioles fan and the memory of some punk kid reaching over and catching a ball (which was ruled a homerun) is still very fresh in my memory. Sure, the kids in the stands might not have even been born when that happened, but it was still nice to see some irritable looks in NY.

Totals for the day: 73 cent
Race Totals: $437.39

2 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jeffrey Maier, 1996.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Part of me wants to remove your comment, as that name should never be spoken on this blog, but you are factually correct, that little bastard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home