Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Today I found 41 cents . . . 3 nickels, 2 dimes, and 6 pennies. I also found a British penny, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

While grocery shopping at HEB this afternoon I found a penny on the ground by a self-checkout line. I wasn’t checking out yet, but I helped myself to the penny. I had to make a quick stop at Randalls, another local grocery store, and I’m glad I did. There I found 18 cents (one dime, one nickel, and three pennies) in the coin reject slot of a coin counting machine.

After a quick trip to the post office I took a detour and stopped at the car wash next to the post office. It was very busy and I didn’t get to look around much, but I did find 12 cents (two nickels & two pennies) scattered about on the ground. On the way home I stopped at CVS to get some tape and I found 10 cents (one dime) on the ground by the checkout.

It was at Randalls where I found the British penny. Like the rest of the Randalls change it was in the coin return slot of the aforementioned change counting machine. Right now, as I can personally attest to after my Thanksgiving vacation to Europe, the Brits are kicking our butt on the exchange rate. The penny is valued at approximately two US cents. The penny, of course, does not count toward my daily totals. However, it has already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of non-US change finds deemed worthy of being picked up.

Totals for the day: 41 cents
Race Totals: $486.06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home