Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Today I found 16 cents . . . 1 dime & 6 pennies.

My first find of the day was a dime that I picked up off the ground at a Shell gas station near my office. I stopped there on the way back from lunch to pick up a drink. On the way back from the George Bush Library in College Station, TX (more on that in a second) I stopped at Sonic for some dinner and found a penny in the parking lot. The final stop of the evening was at a no-name car wash near my apartment complex. There I found five cents (all pennies).

So, several weeks ago I read that James A. Baker III was going to be speaking at the George Bush Library this evening. Baker, a former Secretary of State and Secretary of Treasury (and author of the Iraq Report) seemed like someone whom would be interesting to listen to. As such I decided to attend the event and listen to his speech. After the speech I approached him and asked him to sign this:


Since Baker was a former Secretary of the Treasury his facsimile signature appeared on all US currency (to include the Series 1985-dollar bill which I presented him with). Mr. Baker was kind enough to sign the bill directly above his facsimile signature.

Totals for the day: 16 cents
Race Totals: $484.27

5 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Quality dollar bill and signature:) Fabulous autograph for sure!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Very nice, and great picture with the green background!

The signature looks much better that I was expecting!

You're up 1-0

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Sphinx said...

I love your idea! Kudos!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is a sweet bill. You must try to get Katherine Davalos Ortega to sign atop her name. That would be extremely clutch...

password: wsmir

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Becca:

Thank you very much

Bailey:

The background is left over Christmas tree stained glass. I thought it was a nice touch as well. We are not in a race . . . but if we were I would be up 1-0

Sphinx:

Thanks a lot. Hope you check back in.

Brian:

That would be clutch. I'm going to shoot for other Secretary of the Treasurers. Maybe after I get them I'll work on the other side of the bill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home