Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Today I found 23 cents . . . 2 dimes & 3 pennies. One of the pennies was a very scuffed 1955 Wheat Penny.

First and foremost, Happy Birthday to loyal Race of the Century Reader Lindsay. Unlike the 1955 Wheat Penny you are not scuffed nor are you 52 years old.

All of my change was found at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex. It was raining again this afternoon when I got my change, so I was happy to get what I could.

Interestingly, the 1955 penny was not the oldest piece of money that I got today. When I went into my bank they gave two 1953 $2 bills. My bank knows that I like the older money and they often set it aside for me when they find it. The old $2 bills are unique for several reasons. First, the Treasury Seal and the Serial Number are in red, not green. Also, the design on the back of the bill is different than the current design. This picture will illustrate both:


__________________________________

January Monthly Report:

This month I found 302 pennies, 25 nickels, 40 dimes, and 29 quarters. I also found one $1 coin.

Monthly Total: $16.52
Change Cycle Days: 7
Dollar Days: 5
Monthly High: $1.91 (January 12th)
Monthly Low: 1 cent (Multiple times)
Daily Average: 53.29 ish cents

Totals for the day: 23 cents
Race Totals: $488.06

3 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The $2 bill is super cool! Thanks for sharing it:)

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the love.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out on my birthday, Chris :) It was an excellent day.

LP

P.S. I'm happy to know you think I look better than a 1952 penny :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home