Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday, March 9, 2007

Today I found 11 cents. . .. all pennies.

My first eight pennies were found at the bases of seven parking meters in the downtown area. I was there this afternoon to meet up with a friend for a very late lunch. On the way home I stopped at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, and found the remaining three pennies.

For some reason it seems like signed dollar bills arrive in bunches. Today I received this in the mail:


This is the penultimate signed dollar that I hope to receive. It has been autographed by former Secretary of the Treasury Dr. Lawrence Summers. Perhaps the most impressive part of the process was that Dr. Summers included a personal note, asking me if I would be willing to let him know where I got the crisp dollar bills that I sent him. He stated that he was hoping to obtain some for himself and for his family. The answer, of course, is eBay. That said I’ll be sending Dr. Summers a few additional bills as a thank you in the near future.

Totals for the day: 11 cents
Race Totals: $505.51

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home