Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Today I found $1.08 . . .. 2 nickels, 3 dimes, 2 quarters, and 18 pennies (The Refreshing Change Cycle).

On my way home this afternoon I stopped at JR’s Car Wash and found 18 cents (one dime & eight pennies) and in the evening I stopped at the car wash next to the post office and found 32 cents (one nickel, one quarter, and three pennies). On the way home I stopped at Randalls, a local grocery store, and found the remaining 57 cents (one nickel, two dimes, one quarter, and seven pennies).

In all the excitement of the last few days I forgot to mention this:


The dollar bill has been signed by former Secretary of the Treasury Mr. W.M. Blumenthal and it arrived while I was in Florida. It is the sixth signed bill that I have received, leaving only two living former Secretaries of the Treasury that I need to complete my collection.

Totals for the day: $1.08
Race Totals: $505.40

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Refreshing change cycle -- an apt description.

Nice work on the buck. Did you see my comment on Snow's offering?

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks, Brian. I had actually missed the Snow comment. Sorry about that. I agree that the multiple 0's make it an interesting bill. When I was going through dollars looking for old ones I found one that started with four zeros and then had a one, so I ended up setting that one aside even though it was in rough shape. I like things like that, value or no value.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home