Monday, February 26, 2007

Monday, February 26, 2007

Today I found 61 cents . . . 2 quarters & 11 pennies.

It was a busy day so I stopped at McDonalds for lunch and found a penny sitting atop an otherwise empty table. In the evening I went to dinner with my friend Tara and on the way home we stopped at two car washes. At the first car wash I found 54 cents (two quarters & four pennies) and at the other car wash I found six cents (all pennies).

This evening when I checked my mail this was waiting for me:


It is a dollar bill signed by former Secretary of Treasury John Snow. Enclosed was a note from his secretary apologizing for Mr. Snow taking so long to sign (it wasn’t even that long, just under a month). Even more odd is the fact that these are not the actual bills that I sent him. I figure he must have a signed stack ready for requests and just keep the dollars that people sent him. Still, I checked out the signature and it looks to be authentic so I will happily add it to my growing collection.

___________________________

In Race of the Century news I will be in Florida on vacation next week. I’m not sure what type of Internet access I will have access to, but I’m hoping to post at least once or twice while I’m gone. Everything will be back to normal come Tuesday, March 6th.

Totals for the day: 61 cents
Race Totals: $501.25

1 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is an excellent bill. The serial number is quite sweet.
There is a market for bills with low serial numbers. Although it's not especially low, it has the autograph and begins with three zero's, so I would estimate it has some decent value.

My lowest bill is in the is in the 1000's.

Separately, three pounds of Not Change?! Yowzer! And thanks.

password: gkcbcur

 

Post a Comment

<< Home