Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Today I found 60 cents . . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 20 pennies (the Post President’s Day Change Cycle). I also received yet another signed dollar bill in the mail. I also found a necklace, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

Driving along a road that runs parallel to Beltway 8 I found 25 cents (one quarter) while stopped at a red light. I retrieved it just as the light turned green. Later in the day I found 35 cents (one nickel, one dime, and 20 pennies) at a no-name car wash in Wallaceville, TX.

It was also at the no-name car wash that I found this necklace:


Although it will not count towards the daily totals it has already been deposited into the “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such found items.

When I checked my mail this evening I had received yet another signed dollar bill, this one from former Secretary of the Treasury Paul H. O’Neill:


Secretary O’Neill was kind enough to sign it directly above his facsimile signature and I am most grateful.

Finally, special thanks to loyal reader LP in Boston. In real life LP is a top notch accountant who had nothing better to do with her free time (i.e. time at work while the boss was out of town) than to create a fancy Excel spreadsheet and verify the accuracy of my change totals. Change totals are now officially certified as we move ever so closer to the $500 mark.

Totals for the day: 60 cents
Race Totals: $497.96

6 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you gotten any messages from the former Treasury secretaries?

password: uvsgz

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A solid non change find... I think that should be the reward for the $500 winner:)

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many dollar bills did you send out for autographs?

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

I got the Baker bill signed in person so I had the chance to chat with him. Nicholas Brady sent a note wishing me the best, and the others have just returned the bills that I sent signed. All seem very nice and I'm sure if I actually asked a specific question they would most certainly respond.

Becca:

I'm not sure if Bailey really wants a neclace, but I'll keep that open as an option.

Mr/Mrs Anonymous:

There are currently eight living former Secretaries of the Treasury. I got Mr. Baker to sign the bill in person and I have mailed bills to six of the former secretaries. Three have mailed bills back and two were mailed out quite recently. I mailed a bill to Mr. Snow about a month ago and have not heard back (but his secretary indicated over the phone that he would sign) and I have yet to mail a bill to Mr. Summers. That should go out in the next few days.

 
At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know you have the wrong day on your post for today? The date is correct but it is Wednesday rather than Tuesday.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mr/Mrs Anonymous:

I do now, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home