Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Today I found 70 cents . . . 1 nickel, 2 quarters, and 15 pennies. One of the quarters was a 1952 silver quarter. I also found a really cool wooden bench, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

This evening I had to go to the ATM to withdraw some money for the bank. After that I went over to JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex. At JR’s I found 43 cents (one nickel, one quarter, and 13 pennies). One of the quarters was a 1952 quarter, that is made of pure silver:


Also at JR’s I found a very cool bench that was sitting by a dumpster. The bench is L shaped and made of solid wood. It has already been placed on my balcony, for future sitting enjoyment:


On the way home I tried to find a taco stand that was open. The taco stand was closed but I did find 27 cents (one quarter & two pennies) on the ground near the stand.

Totals for the day: 70 cents
Race Totals: $496.50

3 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger nhcardhunter said...

It's amazing what people will throw away, isn't Chris. I like that bench and nice snag on the quarter. I thought I had one yesterday but it was 1965 dime. One year off.

Best,

Jim

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you do with the change that you find? Do you just add it to your pocket change and spend it or do you save it? I currently put mine in a jar and when I have enough for a roll, I roll it and deposit it in my bank account. I haven't ever kept track of it until recently, I decided to start a spreadsheet and since 2/15 I have found $3.13.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Jim:

I have had some amazing luck with thrown away stuff, including a Billy Bass (found in the trash) that sold on eBay for $25. I always try to keep my eyes open.

change is a good thing:

All the change that I find is deposited into a jar (actually several jars at this point). One day, when I get to an amount that I haven't decided upon yet, it will be rolled and spent on something. As soon as I hit the $500 mark I'll post some pictures of the jars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home