Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Today I found 59 cents . . . 1 nickel, 2 quarters, and 4 pennies. I also found a token with “No Cash Value.” Sadly, the token will not count toward the daily totals.

Nothing is more relaxing than your alarm going off at 4:30am on a Saturday morning. Sadly, it was not an accident. This morning the Houston Astros had their annual Fan Fest, an event where idiot fans (such as myself) show up at the ballpark at ridiculously early hours of the morning for a chance at autographs. I rolled in at 6am and stood in the Craig Biggio line. There were already about 290 people in front of me, but I was fortunate enough to get the autograph. I also added four other players to the 2007 Team Ball that I started a few weeks ago.

On the way home from the ballpark I stopped at the always-reliable Al Gator’s Car Wash and found 52 cents (two quarters & two pennies). I also stopped at Randalls, a local grocery store, and found two cents on the ground by a change counting machine. My final stop was at the post office, where I found a nickel on the ground by the front door.

It was at Randalls where I found the token with “No Cash Value.” It was on the floor by the aforementioned change counting machine. Although the token will not count toward the daily totals it has already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

Totals for the day: 59 cents
Race Totals: $492.99

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home