Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday, February 5, 2007

Today I found $1.43 . . . 3 nickels, 3 dimes, 3 quarters, and 23 pennies (The Groovy Change Cycle).

On my way home from work I stopped at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, and found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). Later in the evening I took a trip to the post office, first stopping at the car wash next to the post office. At the car wash I found 97 cents (one nickel, one dime, three quarters, and seven pennies). The quarters were sitting atop a ledge in a car wash station and the rest of the change was scattered about on the ground. The nickel was a particularly good find, as it was sitting in its side against a vacuum. Now, here is something interesting. When I got home I accidentally dropped the nickel on the ground and guess what? It landed on its edge against my desk. Odd.

At the post office I found five cents (a nickel). It was on the ground (not on its edge) by a coin return slot of a stamp machine. On the way home I stopped at Randalls, a local grocery store, and found 30 cents (one nickel, one dime, and 15 pennies) in the coin return slot of a chance counting machine.

With all the excitement of yesterday I forgot to mention the bucket of Chicken McNuggets. In the Houston area, as with some areas around the US, McDonalds sells a bucket of 50 chicken McNuggets for $7.99. Now, McNuggets are kind of nasty, but the price is right and it’s Super Bowl tradition to buy them. Sadly, Bailey learned the hard way that this offer is not available in the St. Louis area.

Totals for the day: $1.43
Race Totals: $490.28

2 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I have been reading your blog for a long time and you have inspired me to start collecting change I see on the ground. I haven't kept track of all the I have found, but I know my big find was $7.00 all in $1 bills one day! I have just started a blog about changing, so thank you for inspiring me. ;)

~leanne

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Leanne:

Well, thank you for reading. If someone can find inspiration from me picking up change I'm honored. Hope you stick with my blog and with yours. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home