Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday, February 1, 2006 (CONTEST TIME)

Today I found 2 cents . . . both pennies.

My first penny was found along Interstate 45. I was on a side road at a stoplight when I spotted it. The guy behind me gave me a friendly wave as I picked it up. I was back in the car and ready to go when the light turned green. The second penny was in the coin return slot of a stamp machine at the local post office. I mailed out a few eBay items this evening after joining my friend Tara for dinner.

With a new month it seems likely that I will be breaking the $500 mark in the not too distant future. Taking a page from Brian I’m going to hold a contest for anyone interested in guessing the date. Post your best guess in the comment section and see how close you are. Winner will receive some fabulous prizes from the “Not Change Cup,” which holds unique items of the non-US change variety that I have found over the past few years. Deadline for entry is one week from tonight. First come, first served on the dates.

Totals for the day: 2 cents
Race Totals: $488.08

4 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris. $500 bucks just from picking up loose change-how cool is that? I say you reach it on February 27

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, given that it's you, I'd say it could happen tom'w or the next day. But I'll officially go with Feb. 24.

By the way, cool $2 bills.

password: vdxkxrp

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Penny Squisher said...

Put me down for February 17.

Kristina

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After creating an equation, which informed me that the correct date is Feb. 23, I decided my equation is not perfectly accurate (I think it predicts it too early). So instead officially I am going to pick Feb. 25th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home