Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday, February 8, 2007 (LAST CHANCE FOR GUESSES)

Today I found 26 cents . . . 1 quarter & 1 penny.

Last chance to get your entries in for the “Guess When I Hit $500 In Found Change Contest” contest. The deadline has been extended to 12 am Friday, February 9th (EST). For a list of guesses already made see February 1st. Remember, the winner will receive fabulous prizes from the “Not Change Cup.”

On my way home from work, after a stop at a bank, I swung into a gas station to get a drink. At the front of the station was a rack of candy and gum and dropped down by some gum was a quarter and a penny. The clerk gave me a strange look as I fumbled around to retrieve the change, but such is life in the world of change finding.

Finally, Special Happy Birthday Wishes are extended to loyal reader Rachel, who turned a few years older than my total for the day (another nickel and two pennies and I would have been right on target).

Totals for the day: 26 cents
Race Totals: $492.18

5 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Sorry I didn't get in sooner.

March 6th.

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going with Feb. 28th! I would go with the 29th if it were a leap year, but alas it is not and I will not have a birthday until next year! Good luck, look forward to the big day!

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,

After performing an audit of your January change returns, it seems as though you have overstated your finds by $0.09. Assuming that our change accountants and your change accountants will not have this issue resolved before the so-called $500 change mark, I will assume that the change totals as they stand now will be used for the determination of said $500 change mark.

Hence, after lengthy distribution analysis, sensitivty analysis, and many late nights put in by dedicated members of the workforce of corporate America, our official position is that you will reach your $500 change mark during the day of February 28th.

-LP

PS- do I get to pick what I want from the "not change cup" if I win? Maybe also an autographed photo of you standing outside JR's car wash, the car wash next to your apartment complex?

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I hear that I am not allowed to guess February 28th because a previous poster already guessed. I would like to point out that I had already picked the 28th at least 15 minutes before the other poster, but because I was stuck trying to reconcile your change accounting methods, my post took longer to write.

No matter, I pick February 27th, nuless that is already picked, in which case I guess March 1st.

LP

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Chris said...

All Contestants:

Marks are recorded. Change totals stand as they are (the totals were correct but one number was off--error has been corrected). Thanks to everyone for entering and good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home