Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Today I found $1.26 . . .. 2 dimes, 4 quarters, and 6 pennies.

As I was walking to my gate at the airport in Miami, FL I spotted a penny under a vending machine selling ice cream sandwiches. Nearby an elderly guy was playing a ukulele. It was a bit strange, but I did retrieve the penny.

Back in Houston I had some time to kill at the airport as I waited for my friend Tara to pick me up. While I waited and found and returned 15 carts, which netted me a total of $3.75 in quarters. Sadly the cart return change will not count toward the daily totals, as it was not lost change.

However, I did manage to find 77 cents at the airport (three quarters & two pennies). The first quarter was in the coin return slot of a cart return stand (I didn’t have to return the cart to get it), the second quarter and both pennies were found on the ground in the baggage claim area, and the third quarter was found in the parking lot where I was searching for unreturned carts.

On the way home Tara was kind enough to stop at Sonic so I could get some food. While we waited I found 48 cents (two dimes, one quarter, and three pennies) in the parking lot and on the patio.

Totals for the day: $1.26
Race Totals: $504.26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home