Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Today I found 50 cents . . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 10 pennies (The Sunday Change Cycle). I also found a smushed elongated penny, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

For the second day in a row I found a penny in the coin return slot of a change counting machine at Kroger, a local grocery store. The remaining 49 cents (one nickel, one dime, one quarter, and nine pennies) were found at a no-name car wash. There was no one at the car wash this afternoon, so I took my time and double-checked the area. I’m glad that I did, because if I hadn’t I would have missed the quarter (in the bay of a car wash station), several pennies (scattered about), and the dime (stuck between a vacuum cleaner and a trashcan).

The smushed elongated penny was found at the no-name car wash. It was at the base of a pay station in a car wash bay. The penny has “Houston Zoo” on it and a picture of a Bengal Tiger. I know that it is a Bengal Tiger, as opposed to some other type of tiger, because it says so. The smushed elongated penny has already been placed into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such found items.

Totals for the day: 50 cents
Race Totals: $588.77

2 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

I found a squished penny from the St. Louis Zoo a few weeks back!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

How about that! I'm a little upset that you didn't offer me a smushed penny from your Spam adventure, but the box of goodies that you sent will more than make up for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home