Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Today I found 7 cents . . . 1 nickel & 2 pennies.

The first six cents were found by a convenience store near my apartment complex. The penny was on the sidewalk and the nickel was in the parking lot. The final penny was found by the visitor’s dugout at Minute Maid Park before the game.

The San Diego Padres came to town this evening and it was a good day for the Astros and for me. The Astros won the game and I got autographs from two of my favorite players, but they came in an unusual way.

After the game a friend and I headed out for a drink. We walked into an almost empty bar, and who should be sitting there but Greg Maddux and David Wells. Neither of us are the type to bother players away from the ballpark, but I am a big Wells fan and my friend is a big Maddux fan. We ended up chatting with the pitchers for a few hours, even buying them a few drinks, and at the end of the evening they asked if we wanted autographs. Well, I’m not one to turn an offer like that down, so this is what I ended up with:


The ball on the left is the one signed by Greg Maddux (over 300 wins and a future Hall of Famer) and the ball on the right is signed by David Wells (one of only a handful of pitchers to throw a perfect game in the Majors)..

Totals for the day: 7 cents
Race Totals: $585.05

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work with the autographs. Quality for sure!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Chris said...

It's always a good day when I get two autos that I have never gotten before. The story only makes it just a bit better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home