Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today I found exactly $1 . . . 1 nickel, 4 dimes, 1 quarter, and 30 pennies (The Grand Change Cycle). I also found tokens from Chuck E. Cheese and Celebration Station. Sadly, the tokens will not count toward the daily totals.

I had lunch this afternoon at Sonic, and I’m glad I did. After eating I walked around the parking lot and patio area and found 30 cents (one dime & 20 pennies).

This evening I headed to the post office and the grocery store. Along the way I stopped at the always-reliable Al Gator’s Car Wash and found 36 cents (one nickel, one quarter, and six pennies). All the change was scattered about on the ground.

After stopping at the post office (sadly, not change there) I headed to HEB, a local grocery store. In the coin return slot of a change counting machine I found 24 cents (two dimes & four pennies) and under a self-checkout line stand I found a dime.

The two tokens were found at Al Gator’s Car Wash. Although neither will count toward the daily totals both have been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

Today I finally finished this:


It is a complete collection of Kennedy Half Dollars (1964-2003). I didn’t keep records of how many half-dollars that I searched to find them all, but I’m guessing that I went through at least $12,000 in fifty-cent pieces before I found them all!

Note: I will be on vacation over the weekend and may not have access to the Internet. Daily postings will resume no later than Monday.

Totals for the day: $1
Race Totals: $583.38

2 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger kestrelia said...

Congratulations! That album is great. Looks like it includes 1987?

What do you think will be next? Nickels?

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks. I did manage to find both of the 1987's, although the 2003 D was the last one that I needed.

Oddly enough, I found a 1987 S a few weeks ago (along with about seven other proof coins).

I'm guessing that nickels will be the next one finished as I only need 11 of them, and a whole lot more pennies and dimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home