Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday, September 28, 2007

Today I found 23 cents . . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, and 8 pennies.

All the change was found in the 11th hour at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex.

In baseball related news my newly adopted Philadelphia Phillies have taken a one game lead in the NL Central. The NY Mets are on the verge of the greatest choke job since, ironically enough, the 1964 Phillies.

I had the chance to chat with Ed Wade, the Astros new GM, this evening. Given the opportunity I asked him a question that had been on my mind for a few days. I asked Mr. Wade who he was pulling for in the NL Central, the Mets or the Phillies. I prefaced the question by saying that it would be tough for me to root for a team that fired me, yet at the same time it would be difficult to root for a hated rival. Mr. Wade gave a solid answer . . . he said he was rooting for the Phillies since he put the team together, but was also pulling for the Padres since he was working for them just before the Astros hired him.

Before leaving Mr. Wade was kind enough to sign a baseball for me:


Hopefully Brian is right about our new GM, as if he is not the Astros won’t have to worry about the post-season for a good long time.

Totals for the day: 23 cents
Race Totals: $611.00

2 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent question! I always have one question I want to ask people if I see them, but I've never yet had occasion to ask any of them.

I keep waiting for your response to my response to your response on Mr. Wade. Not sure if it called for one, but I think in the end he'll work out for the Astros. That said, he's not a "baseball" guy; he's P.R., I believe.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I wish I could give a response with some conviction, but the best I can say is that I'm going to hope for the best. I'm not sold on Ed Wade, but I don't think he is a terrible pick either. At the end of the day the Astros have enough problems that I'm not sure any one person can solve them all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home