Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday, September 17, 2007

Today I found 31 cents . . . 1 nickel, 1 dime, & 16 pennies. One of the pennies was a 1946D Wheat Penny. I also found a random token, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

At lunch this afternoon my friend Ricky and I were walking through Deerbrook Mall to the food court and I found a penny on the floor. Later in the day I found another penny on the sidewalk outside Minute Maid Ballpark in downtown Houston, TX.

Following the Astros loss, a loss that mathematically eliminates the Astros from winning the division, I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash. That is where I found the final 29 cents (one nickel, one dime, and 14 pennies) of the day. All the change was scattered about the ground by vacuum cleaners and in car wash bays.

One of the pennies that was found was a 1946D Wheat Penny. I was walking around and had just thought that I had not found a Wheat Penny in quite a while. Low and behold the next penny that I picked up was the Wheat Penny.

The random token that was found, which reads “No Cash Value,” was also found at the Kwick Kar Wash. Although it will not count toward the daily totals it has already been deposited into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such found items.

Totals for the day: 31 cents
Race Totals: $608.46

3 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fyi, people in internet land...my name is not "Ricky" as it is Enrique. thank you.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Ah that crazy Ricky.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger kestrelia said...

I found a 1944 Wheat on the bank floor that same day ... we must have been in synch. Ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home