Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday, September 10, 2007

Today I found 36 cents . . . 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 1 penny. The dime was a Mercury Dime, the first such dime I have found during this change race.

In the evening I headed to Kroger, a local grocery store, to recycle some plastics. At Kroger I found 11 cents (one dime & one penny). The penny was outside the store sitting by some bags of mulch and the dime was under a change counting machine.

The dime is actually a 1940D Mercury dime. I have found only a handful of silver dimes during my change hunts, but this is the first time that I have found a sliver Mercury Dime. I was very excited.

The final 25 cents (one quarter) was found in the coin return slot of a stamp machine at the post office. That stamp machine has been doing some serious payouts as of late and I really hope that it continues.

Totals for the day: 36 cents
Race Totals: $605.91

3 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger kestrelia said...

That's great! A 1940D is a good one to find. Before you know it, you'll need a Mercury album.

Brian

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice find!

password: evdwl

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks, Brians.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home