Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Today I found $4.22 . . . 1 dime, 16 quarters, and 12 pennies. With the finds for the day I have surpassed $600 in found change!

First and foremost, I must apologize for not keeping the blog updated these past few weeks. It was really busy, but things will hopefully slow down and return to normal in the near future.

Anyhow, this morning I found a penny at Kroger, a local grocery store. I was at Kroger to recycle some plastic bags and I found the penny on the ground near a change counting machine.

In the evening I had dinner with Becca and we had to go to the post office afterwords. Becca suggested that we stop at the car wash next to the post office and I’m glad that we did. There I found $4.21 (one dime, 16 quarters, and 12 pennies). That is not a misprint. I did indeed find 16 quarters, and a beautiful find it was. All 16 quarters were in a partially emptied quarter roll that was sitting at the base of a vacuum cleaner. I’m sure that someone had used that roll of quarters to feed the aforementioned vacuum when cleaning their car.

I have always thought about what a great find a roll of quarters would make. I’m actually a bit surprised that I haven’t found more of them considering the number of car washes that I frequent, but I’m pleased to say that now I have found one.

Totals for the day: $4.22
Race Totals: $603.08

3 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the club. I have no doubt who'll reach $700 first.

password: zpxvyfz

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks, Brian. I'm not going to look ahead that far, but I do have faith that one day we will both hit the fabled $700 Club.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, us Bonds, Aaron and Ruth. Quite a club!

password: msxtvtzi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home