Monday, September 03, 2007

Monday, September 3, 2007

Today I found 39 cents . . . 1 dime, 1 quarter, and 4 pennies.

The first three pennies of the day were found at the post office. I found two of them under an automated stamp machine and one was on the floor by a drop box. Later in the day I found another penny on the floor of the Potato Patch, a restaurant where Becca and I had lunch.

After lunch Becca and I spent a rainy day hitting a few local stores. When we returned to my car I made perhaps the strangest find of this change race, a quarter sitting atop my car. I am positive that the quarter was not there when I left the car, and I have no idea how it made it onto the roof of my car, but it did and it will count toward the daily totals.

In the evening I went to the convenient store across the street to purchase a drink and I found a dime on the floor by the refrigerators.

Totals for the day: 39 cents
Race Totals: $603.50

3 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

Forgot to tell you that I flew intio Houston today to leave a quarter on your car!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger kestrelia said...

Good story! I retold it last night when I contemplated getting a bumper sticker that says, "Got Change? I'll take it!" --- perhaps you have one that adds, "Leave it on my car."

Brian

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Bailey:

If only it was that simple.

Brian:

I wonder if I got a bumper sticker like that would people leave change? Also, would it really be considered lost change? Probably not, but I would happily take it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home