Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Today I found $1.00 . . . 5 dimes and 50 pennies. One of the pennies was a badly beaten up 1940 Wheat Penny.

As I drove back from Huntsville, TX this afternoon my cell phone rang and it was none other than my race partner Bailey. I told him that I was just then driving past his old neighborhood and was considering hitting one of his old car washes. With Bailey’s blessing, a blessing that he clearly regretted as I gave him the play-by-play account of all the coins that I was finding, I checked the car wash.

At said car wash I found 75 cents (four dimes & 35 pennies). Some of the change was by bays of vacuum cleaners, but the vast majority was near the exit (perhaps people had tossed pennies from their car as they drove off).

After my evening trip to the bank and post office I stopped at Sonic for some dinner. While waiting I scoured the parking lot and patio areas and found 25 cents (one dime & 15 pennies). Most of the change was in the parking lot, but about six of the pennies were in the patio area.

Totals for the day: $1.00
Race Totals: $617.88

2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A quality dollar find day - 50 pennies is a lot. Fabulous for sure!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

50 pennies is a lot, and I owe much of my success to Bailey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home