Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Today I found 2 cents . . . both pennies. I also found 5 foreign coins, that sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

It's always an added bonus when I find US coins in a foreign country, but that's exactly what happened today. I found my first US penny of the trip on the roof of the Barcelona Cathedrial, where I had climed for a view of the city. The second US penny was found shortly thereafter by a vending machine located in close proximity to the cathedrial.

The foreign coins were found scattered about Barcelona. There were five of them and they were three one cent Euros, one five cent Euro, and a two-cent Polish Grosze.

Barcelona is famous, amoung other reasons, for the numerous works of the architect Antoni Gaudí. One of his designs was Park Guell, which is a nature area atop a hill in Barcelona. One of the more notable features of the park is a giant ceramic lizard, that graces the entrance. Here is that lizard:


Enjoy!

Totals for the day: 2 cents (and five foreign coins)
Race Totals: $635.96

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home