Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday, May 30, 2008

Today I found 2 cents . . . . both pennies.

The first penny was found this afternoon as I walked through North Station to purchase my monthly T pass. The second penny was also found at North Station, this time in the evening, as I headed home.

As promised here is a picture of the 1884 Indian Head Cent that I found yesterday:


To be honest the penny is actually nicer than the picture.

Tomorrow I head to Thailand and Cambodia for two weeks of vacation. Becca has a friend in Thailand, so that equates to a free place to stay (always a bonus for a vacation). Not sure what the posts will be like while I'm gone, but I'll have pleanty to report when I get back.

Totals for the day: 2 cents
Race Totals: $661.69

3 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger kestrelia said...

Great looking penny. Looks like you can read Liberty on it. If you can easily clean off that grime on the right ... even better.

Have fun in Southeast Asia. Sounds really interesting.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger The Humphery Family said...

Wow! Now that is one GREAT find! I think the oldest coin i've found on the ground was a 1940's half dollar-- sold it for $3.50 at a coin show that same year.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Bailey said...

That is a very solid find!
No question, the oldest coin found in the race! Still not a $50 bill, like what I found, but still nice! :-)

Hope you have a great trip and don't end up in a Broken Palace situation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home