Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today I found 23 cents . . . .1 dime & 13 pennies. One of the pennies was an 1884 Indian Head Cent!

Finally, a car wash in Boston! Living in Houston I found a great deal of change at car washes, but there just are not that many of them in the Boston area. However, today I had to drive up to drop off my car at a friends house in Beverly, MA, so I drove up Route 1. Along the way (perhaps somewhere near Lynn) there was a no-name car wash were I found 21 cents (one dime & 11 pennies).

Heading home I took the commuter rail to North Station and then hopped on a T. Getting onto the Orange Line T at North Station I found a penny by the train door.

Walking home I stopped at Harry O's, a local sub shop, to get some dinner. On the floor by the cash register was a penny, which I scooped and examined. It was the oldest coin I have found to date, a 124 year old 1884 Indian Head Cent. I wanted to take a picture of the coin to post, but my camera is being difficult right now. Perhaps tomorrow.

Totals for the day: 23 cents
Race Totals: $661.67

2 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger kestrelia said...

That's unreal! Congratulations. Nice scoop. Hope it is in decent condition.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Chris said...

It was, and thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home