Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday, June 23, 2008

Today I found 89 cents . . . 2 quarters & 39 pennies.

Oh Houston, how I missed your vast amounts of scattered change! I had to go back to Houston for work this morning, and will be here tomorrow and Wednesday as well. I had very little time to devote to change searching, but I did want to pay visits to some of my favorite spots around the city. In the evening I swung by Sonic and found seven cents (all pennies) and the Kwick Kar Wash, which is located next door. At the Kwick Kar Wash I found 37 cents (one quarter & 12 pennies).

However, the big find of the day, at least volume wise, was recorded at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my former apartment complex. There I found 18 cents (all pennies) scattered about by vacuum cleaners and car wash bay stations. The day was closed out at a Shell gas station, where I stopped for an evening drink. By the base of a cash register I found 27 cents (one quarter & two pennies).

Totals for the day: 89 cents
Race Totals: $6644.58

2 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger kestrelia said...

Yikes! That's the good part of a penny roll. It is as if the change was waiting for your return.

B

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Indeed. Boston has many things on Houston, but lost change is not one of them. I also picked up several 2008D pennies for my book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home