Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday, May 26, 2006

Today I found 76 cents . . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes & 41 pennies. I also found a token with no cash value and a penny from the Bahamas. Sadly, the Bahamas penny and the token will not count towards the daily totals.

I did not have to work today but it was a busy day nevertheless. First, I had to go downtown to contest a parking ticket (I had photos of where I parked, which was a legal spot, and I won). Leaving the courthouse I saw that I had 15 minutes left on my overpriced parking meter. I took that time to walk around and check some other parking meters and found 17 cents (one dime & seven pennies) scattered about on the ground.

My next stop was Memorial City Mall where I had to pick up some framed prints. Walking in I spotted a dime at the base of a soda vending machine.

On the way home I checked in at the Kwick Kar Wash and found eight cents (all pennies) and at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, and found 39 cents (one nickel, one dime, and 24 pennies). The majority of the change was sitting in an otherwise empty trashcan.

In the evening I found two final pennies near the dumpster in the apartment complex parking lot. It was my second consecutive dumpster penny find.

The token with no cash value was found at the base of a parking meter outside the courthouse downtown. The penny from the Bahamas was found at JR’s Car Wash. Even though neither will have a bearing on the daily totals they are welcome additions to my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

Totals for the day: 76 cents
Race Totals: $311.96

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home