Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday, May 8, 2006

Today I found $2.39 . . . 1 dime, 9 quarters, and 4 pennies.

All my change was found at Ale Gator’s Car Wash. The dime and four pennies were on the ground and the stack of nine quarters was in a car wash station. Seven of the nine quarters were state models and all were different. Were I keeping track like I want to I would have added Ohio, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Delaware, Louisiana, and Kansas to my collection.

Today I took the rare step in adding a company to my Never Shop There Again List. To make this list I must have a very low opinion of said company. The only companies currently on my list are Radio Shack, Exxon, and Jack-in-the-Box. Today I add Half Price Books. I had a bad experience there last year when I took almost 40 low quality books there to sell. They offered me $2.25, which I declined. Today I took them some very good books (one of which I had purchased there for $20 several months ago). Total offer for my books (after a 45 minute wait): $3.25. Half Price Books will never have me as a buyer or seller again!

Totals for the day: $2.39
Race Totals: $305.11

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Amazing Greis said...

Kuddos to that. I will never ever go to Half Price Books again either. I had the same type of BAD experience there about a year ago and have never gone back since.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Chris said...

They are on "The List." As the Judge on the Simpsons would say, "The Clown is Down."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home