Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Today I found 18 cents . . . 1 dime and 8 pennies.

Today I was king. I sat in the Diamond Club for an Astros game. These are the best seats in the ballpark. Face value of each ticket is $325 a ticket per game. That’s on top of the PSL that costs $20,000. How nice is the Diamond Club you ask? Sitting in my seat I was actually closer to the batter than the pitcher was! Below is a picture of my actual ticket:


On the way home from the game I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found six cents (all pennies) and JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, where I found 12 cents (one dime & two pennies).

Oh yeah, the food is also really good . . . and free. I ate a lot.

Totals for the day: 18 cents
Race Totals: $302.10

6 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

V.I.P. treatment rules. And happy birthday.

~ Brian

password: xidzy

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Bailey said...

Where is my plane picture??

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you get said ticket?? Sounds awesome!

And what does PSL mean?

Get a load of this password!

qzqydyvx

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know blogger will read you the password if you can't see?

But what if you can't hear?

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

Thanks for the birthday wishes, and VIP treatment did rock. I nearly ate myself sick, but I would do it again in a heart beat.

Bailey:

I forgot about the plane picture. I'll post it, along with the story, tomorrow.

Liza:

Maybe blogger will send you the passsword in brail. Sounds like the job for an attorney as this might be discriminating against someone. PSL is short for Personal Seat License. Basically, this is a ploy that almost all teams use these days for good seats. You have to purchase the right to buy your seats. PSL's are tangible property and can be sold and even given away in wills. Still, the first year when you decide not to purchase your tickets you are out the money. You can never get it back. It's a nice deal for the team, not so nice for fans.

Chris

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Liza:

I forgot to mention that I got said tickets through a broker. I saw them on eBay and they did not sell (he had been asking face for two tickets, which was $650 total. I worked a deal with him and I got them for less.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home