Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Today I found $1.96 cents . . . 6 nickels, 4 dimes, 4 quarters, and 26 pennies (the 300 Club Cycle). With my finds I topped $300 in found change.

Like Babe Ruth I pointed and called my shot yesterday. I delivered on the promise of topping $300 in a big way. The first find of the day, three pennies, came at a no name car wash. I also found a dime at another no name car wash that was nearby. I joined Bailey for lunch today and found a penny by the cash register. To be fair this was at best a jump penny, as we both spotted it at almost the exact same time. However, today I was just a bit faster on the draw (I wanted it more) so the penny was mine.

On the way home from lunch I stopped at Kroger, a local grocery store, and found 22 cents (one nickel & 17 pennies) in the coin return slot of a change counting machine. The big score of the day was at Ale Gator’s Car Wash where I found $1.54 (four nickels, three dimes, four quarters, and four pennies). The quarters were stacked neatly in a car wash station and the rest of the change was scattered about. At the post office this evening I found an nickel in the coin return slot of a stamp machine and a penny on the floor by the same machine.

Totals for the day: $1.96
Race Totals: $301.48


___________________________________

April Monthly Report:

This month I found 307 pennies, 21 nickels, 31 dimes, and 22 quarters.

Monthly Total: $12.72
Change Cycle Days: 4
Dollar Days: 3
Monthly High: $2.52 (April 16th)
Monthly Low: 1 cent (April 10th)
Daily Average: 42.4 cents
George Bush Autographed Baseballs Obtained: 2

4 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

Crazy idea, but at the same time absolutley brilliant. Who is winning?

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Lilee:

Yeah, crazy idea until you look and see that a few pennies a day add up to so much so fast. I stomped Bailey in the race to $100, but I have a job that gets me out more and no wife to yell at me for picking things up.

That said, both of us are a distant second and third to Brian in New Jersey (he is linked to my page). He's well over $500 in found change!

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you back.
Chris

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Belated congrats on passing the $300 milestone. Now the question is how fast will the next $300 come...

password: amqyuaqr

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Brian:

I'm guessing that the next $300 will come slower than the first did. My pace seems to be slowing and I seem to be slowing in reporting it. Hopefully both will pick up soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home