Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Today I found $1.03 . . . 2 nickels, 1 dime, 3 quarters, and 8 pennies (the Thursday cycle). I also found a 70-cent stamp, which sadly will not count toward the daily totals.

This evening at Kroger, a local grocery store, I found a dime by a checkout line. Before stopping at the post office I checked a nearby car wash and found three cents. At Brusters Ice Cream I found another nine cents (one nickel & four pennies). It was my first ice cream find of the race.

The final stop on the way home was at Ale Gators Car Wash, where I found 81 cents (one nickel, three quarters, and one penny). Two of the quarters were on the ground and the other quarter and a penny were on a ledge in a car wash station.

It was at the post office that I found the 70-cent stamp. It was on the ground near a counter and I just thought it was piece of trash. Often when I mail things in the evening I try to pick up little pieces of trash and dispose of them properly. As I reached down I realized that my trash was actually a valid 70-cent stamp. This is a rare not change find that will not be deposited into my “Not Change Cup.” Instead said stamp shall be used in a future mailing.

Totals for the day: $1.03
Race Totals: $297.55

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Solid day.

Speaking of cycles, I dug up an interesting little fact:
There has been only five cycles in baseball where the home run has been a grand slam. Of those, only one player has accomplished this special feat in the so-called natural order, Tony Lazzeri. And, he did it on the day Lou Gherig hit four home runs in a single game.

password: mvgbo

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Chris said...

You are indeed the trivia man. No cycles in tonight's game, but I did manage an autograph from Lou Brock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home