Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Today I found $2.52 . . . 2 nickels, 4 dimes, 7 quarters, and 27 pennies (the Easter Change Cycle). I also found a British penny, which sadly does not count toward the daily totals.

This morning my friend Robert came over and told me that I should have been awake earlier. Not a good way to start my morning when being woken up at 11am. Sadly, Robert was correct. Walking over to my apartment he found a plastic Easter egg with $1.41 in change. Not to be outdone I went over to the area where he found the egg and promptly found one of my own, albeit with less change: 43 cents (two nickels, two dimes, and 13 pennies).

In the evening I went to recycle some newspapers and return some library books. I also went to JR’s Car Wash and found $1.51 (six quarters & one penny). The six quarters were atop a vacuum cleaner. I also found the British penny at this location. Although not counting towards the daily totals it has been deposited with great care into my “Not Change Cup,” keeper of such items.

At another local car wash I found 24 cents (one dime & 14 pennies). I also found another dime in the change return slot of a Pepsi machine that was located nearby. All in all it was a good Easter!

Totals for the day: $2.52
Race Totals: $295.64

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home