Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday, April 21, 2006

Today I found 9 cents . . . 1 nickel & 4 pennies. I also got Hall of Fame member Lou Brock to sign a baseball for me.

After the Astros game this evening I found a nickel in the stands under a chair. It was minted in 1941, making it one of the older nickels I have ever found.

On the way home I stopped at Shell to get a drink and I found one penny by the cash register. At JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, I found three cents despite an unusually large number of people washing their cars at 11pm.

Apparently there is some baseball exhibit in town for the next two days that the MLB Hall of Fame has interest in. Hall of Fame members Lou Brock and Juan Marashal (The Dominican Dandy) were at the game to throw out the first pitch. Several years ago I got Mr. Marashal to sign a baseball for me, so I set my sites on Mr. Brock. As he came off the field I asked him for an autograph, which he gave me. Sadly, the 10-year old kid behind me was rejected. As many autographs as I lose to kids I certainly didn’t feel bad about it, since the kid probably didn’t even know what position Mr. Brock played back in the day.

Totals for the day: 9 cents
Race Totals: $297.64

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home