Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Today I found 46 cents . . . 1 nickel, 3 dimes, and 11 pennies. I also got former president George Bush to sign another baseball for me. Sadly, the second baseball, much like the first, does not count toward the daily totals.

On my way home from yesterday’s marathon of a baseball game I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 28 cents (two dimes & eight pennies). On my way to work this morning I stopped at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, and found three pennies.

This afternoon I took a wrong turn and ended up on a toll road. As I stopped to pay the toll I found 25 cents on the ground (two dimes & one nickel). It was of little comfort since the toll was $1.25.

At the Astros game this evening I saw former president George Bush and asked him for an autograph as he was leaving. He did not sign the ball in the center (one the sweet spot) but autographed it on the side. However, instead of getting a short autograph I got the full name, so I was happy with that.

On the Dodgers front I got several, including JD Drew. This was the first time in three years that JD Drew signed for me. Three years prior I had asked him for an autograph as he was leaving the park. It was bad timing I guess, as his wife (who was walking behind him and who I did not initially see) went off on me. She called me a few four letter words (the first time that had ever happened) and told me to leave him alone. From that point on he never signed for me, at least until this evening.

Totals for the day: 26 cents
Race Totals: $299.11

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's good to know my dislike of JD Drew has reasons beyond his Philadelphia snub.

password: mwefz

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Feel free to hate away (family included). One autograph does not change my opinion . . . although I was thankful that he chose to sign my ball.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home