Saturday, May 27, 2006

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Today I found 57 cents . . . 2 dimes, 1 quarter, and 12 pennies.

On my way to the CVS to pick up some rubber bands and tape I stopped at a no name car wash and found 50 cents (two dimes, one quarter, and five pennies). At CVS I found a penny in the parking lot.

At the car wash next to the post office I found five cents (all pennies). Later in the day I found a penny walking back from the dumpster at my apartment complex. The penny was in the center of the parking lot.

As I write this the Astros just scored a run in the top of the 17th inning against the Pittsburgh Pirates. It is the first time they got the lead since the 8th inning, but Brad Lidge is out and Mike Gallo is in to close out the game. I don't have a good feeling about this.

UPDATE: 30 seconds after typing about my bad feeling Gallo gave up a homerun and the game is now tied again.

FINAL UPDATE: In the 18th inning Gallo has two wild pitches (one on an intentional walk) and Jason Bay scores from third on a sac fly. Catcher Eric Munson had the ball early but dropped it. Where is Michael Barrett when we need him. No punches were thrown!

Totals for the day: 57 cents
Race Totals: $312.53

2 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been following your blog or anything but would you mind me asking... do you randomly find that money? On the ground?

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Mr/Mrs Anonymous:

Sometimes the finds are random, sometimes I'll actually go out looking for change. There are a lot of places where change is always dropped (car washes, vending machines, etc). Most of the time it's just there for the taking from the ground. Sometimes it's on ledges, in coin return slots, etc.

The blog started as a race to $100, but I'm well passed that now.

Thanks for your interest, and hope you drop back to check on the progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home