Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday, June 3, 2006

Today I found 68 cents . . . 1 dime, 2 quarters & 8 pennies.

Outside the ballpark I found a penny by the base of a Pepsi machine. After the game I was searching for tickets and I found another 35 cents (one dime & one quarter). The quarter was situated on top of a mint ticket stub (Ken Grumpy Jr hit career homerun 544 this evening) and the dime was under some seats.

On the way back from yet another Astros loss I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found five cents (all pennies) and at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex, and found 27 cents (one quarter & two pennies). The quarter was in the coin slot of a dollar bill changer and the two pennies were on the ground.

Despite the Astros recent performances I have been having a good time at the games. In two days I have managed to get 19 of the 25 men on the Reds roster on my team ball. More importantly I added three Chris’ to my Chris Ball, a ball that I’m getting signed by all players named Chris who have played in the Major Leagues.

Totals for the day: 68 cents
Race Totals: $314.94

3 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A colleague of mine wonders why Clemens needs three weeks to get ready, when, in all likelihood, he knew he was coming back and should have been preparing. Thoughts?

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Chris said...

In Clemens defense (and this is the first time I have EVER come to his defense) he probably does need the time to throw. Although his arm is probably good he needs to actually pitch.

He would not be taking the time if he did not need it. His contract does not start till the first day he is on a Major League roster, so every day is costing him hundreds of thousands of dollars, so it really is in his best interest to be ready ASAP. For his three weeks in the minors he is only making about two days of Major League money.

In the future I'll need a password to answer these questions, of course.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry 'bout that...

password: wjmjns

 

Post a Comment

<< Home