Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Today I found 53 cents . . .. 1 dime, 1 quarter, 18 pennies.

It was a Chamber of Commerce day in Houston today; low temperatures in the morning and a nice breeze in the afternoon. An absolutely wonderful day for change searching.

On the way home I stopped at the Kwick Kar Wash and found 25 cents (one dime & 15 pennies). At the post office I found 26 cents (one quarter & one penny). The quarter was in the change return slot of a stamp machine and the penny was on the ground nearby. The final two cents were found at JR’s Car Wash, the car wash next to my apartment complex.

Sit back now and brace yourself for my first even Survivor take. Let me start by saying that I have NEVER watched Survivor. Once a girl I was dating asked me to watch the show with her and I actually did sit there, but I promise you I was not paying attention. The girl is now gone but that is a totally different story.

Anyhow, reading the Houston Chronicle this morning, as well as listening to the radio, I noticed that there was a huge amount of chatter regarding the breaking up of tribes by race. Here is a quote from the Chronicle re. The race division: “It brought immediate negative reaction from such groups as New York City Council’s Black, Latino, and Asian Caucuses and the National Organization of Chinese-Americans.”

Now, let’s think about this for a second . . . groups that are comprised of one race, or group of people are actually criticizing a TV show for breaking down by race? They aren’t serious, are they? Maybe I’m missing something, but to me that seems a bit hypocritical.

Totals for the day: 53 cents
Race Totals: $363.66

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home